Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Map Idea - Mouse Mapping

My project shifted from actual ink to virtual ink… instead of mapping the random movements of my hand on a series of bus rides, I decided to expedite the process of random line-generation by shifting my parameters. These drawings are executed using the following conditions:

1. Drawing done with pen tool (2px) in PS.
2. Duration is as long as I can hold the mouse down.
3. Title of each drawing is born of words “in the air” when drawing was made.
4. All drawings must be done during one hour of class time.
5. I must not spin my wheels.

Each individual drawing represents an indexical relationship between my hand and the mouse. As a whole, the series of drawings reflect a more abstract (and subjective) map: that of my predilection for words, especially as markers, or summations of a particular duration, while offering insight into (what I view as) the tedium of computer image manipulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment